SUBJECT: JNutr Feb, 2016 from Roc Nutritional Investigator
Isn’t june a month to be grateful for?
1. Soy may slow muscle atrophy - Genistein intake mitigated denervation-induced soleus muscle atrophy.
2. Fat intake shortens infant sleeping. For each 5% increase in energy intake of either protein or carbohydrate at the expense of fat, sleep duration at 2 y of age was longer by 6 min
3. Saturated fat and sugar diet aggravates bone loss.
4. Paleolithic and Mediterranean Diet Pattern Scores Are Inversely Associated with Biomarkers of Inflammation and Oxidative Balance in Adults
5. 20 yrs of multivitamin use lowers heart disease risk 44%. In this long-term prospective study in initially healthy men, multivitamin use for ≥20 y was associated with a lower risk of major CVD events.
6. Alternative Pathway Analyses Indicate Bidirectional Relations between Depressive Symptoms, Diet Quality, and Central Adiposity in a Sample of Urban US Adults
LINK to Table of Contents for Jrnl of Nutrition where you can read all abstracts
Thanks for kind responses - Roc, Nutrition Investigator
*To be added or removed from the nutrition research Email List . *To review the disclaimer*To ask Roc a question. http://www.nutritioninvestigator.org/Ordman/
"[I'd like to propose] three rules-'Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.'"-Michael Pollan, developer of the Paleo diet