Here are my complete unedited notes from the Linus Pauling Institute meetings in Corvallis, OR on 15-18 August. I will post an edited version when I have time, but if you want to read all of the exciting details of where I find the best guidance for optimal health, this is a feast for Memorial [...] Read more »
Archive for ‘Fat’
Welcome to the many newcomers signing up to get legitimate peer-reviewed research information about nutrition. Wouldn’t it be nice if good nutrition information went viral? How about emailing a friend to email firstname.lastname@example.org, SUBJ: add to nutrition list?
Know anyone with $152,945 to help cure cancer? My latest grant was turned down, but we are looking [...] Read more »
DETAILS and links are after headlines and at http://chemistry.beloit.edu/Ordman/nutrition/aln/1209ajcn.htm
FEATURES: Book review -The Ultimate Volumetrics Diet: Smart, Simple, Science-Based Strategies for Losing Weight and Keeping It Off – Strongly recommended in this journal for effective weight loss.
1. Wise dining choices for a sustainable diet to save our planet – Comparisons between vegetarian and nonvegetarian diets have [...] Read more »
May J Nutrition 2012- Commencement is tomorrow, I have built 19 3×3′ boxes for my square foot garden, my cancer grant proposal is nearly ready to submit, tomorrow’s mother’s day, and life is good. Embrace today’s signature quote.
First come headlines, details in the next section.
HEADLINES From other reading -
1. Breastfeeding does no harm to [...] Read more »
Read the summaries with links to abstracts after the headlines. Here’s the headlines:
Nutrition Investigator comment: Since I began research into the cause of human aging around 1990, I have been a member of the American Aging Association. At an AGE conference years ago, I learned that taking melatonin supplements turns on many youthful genes that [...] Read more »
SUMMARY – See this, longer synopses, and links to published articles further down this page at DETAILS . Sorry this is so long. Here is plenty to enhance your life during the holiday season.
1. Study of 90,000 finds amount and type of fat intake unrelated to weight gain -We found no significant association between the [...] Read more »
J Nutrition January, 2009
SUMMARY – RES0LVE TO ENJOY WINE, CHOCOLATE, AND TEA
1. Wine, Tea, and Chocolate Flavonoids maintain brain function -
2. How reservatrol from red wine reduces risk of breast cancer
3. Good diet helps even with high-risk genes -
RESOLVE TO EAT LESS FAT FROM MEAT
4. How saturated fats cause inflammation and diabetes
5. Tocotrienols signals [...] Read more »