Laissez les bon temps roulez!
1. Whole milk intake is associated with prostate cancer deaths - Previous studies have associated higher milk intake with greater prostate cancer (PCa) incidence. The intake of total dairy products was associated with 12% increased PCa incidence >2.5 servings/d vs. ≤0.5 servings/d. Skim/low-fat milk intake was positively associated with risk of low-grade, early [...] Read more »
Archive for ‘For over age 65’
Laissez les bon temps roulez!
See longer synopses at DETAILS after these summaries.
*To be added or removed from the nutrition research Email List . *To review the disclaimer. *To ask Roc a question. Here’s the SUMMARY:
Wow. The new Daily Values from the Institute of Medicine are coming out today, Jan. 31, as they do each decade. In addition, I [...] Read more »
SUMMARY - See this, longer synopses, and links to published articles further down this page at DETAILS.
EVERYONE 1. 4-legged diet diet causes acid stomach and osteoporosis – Nearly all the genes and epigenetic regulatory mechanisms we carry today were originally selected for behaviorally modern humans who appeared in Africa between 100,000 and 50,000 y ago.Results: As Plant:Animal [...] Read more »
The main nutrition investigator website has moved to http://campus.beloit.edu/nutrition. Please see SYNOPSES with more thorough explanations at this link [http://campus.beloit.edu/nutrition/aln/0909ajcn.htm]. And if you have questions, please ask Roc at firstname.lastname@example.org. To be removed from or add someone to receive this nutrition summary, click here.
MEAT AND DAIRY HAZARDOUS 1. Meat and dairy are likely to [...] Read more »
See SYNOPSES and links after summary
Get plenty of red grapes, juice or wine (and blueberries, strawberries, and walnuts)
1.Symposium on Grapes – Eat lots of them often -
a. Resveratrol is a unique beneficial component of grapes.
b. for cardiovascular disease, the benefits of wine consumption appear to be greater than other alcoholic beverages.
c. with a [...] Read more »
AJCN May, 2009 – SUMMARY – Read details with links at http://www.beloit.edu/nutrition/ln/ln09mayajcn.htm
REDUCE YOUR RISK FOR DISEASE
9. To reduce your risk for heart disease, polyunsaturated fats PUFA are best, then monounsaturates MUFA, worst is saturated fat
2. Fish oil lowers LDL and risk of heart disease. They also reduce ventricular arrhythmias.
4. Vitamin D reduces heart risk
11. Colorectal [...] Read more »
SUMMARY – It took more than usual to summarize all of the relevant nutrition news this month.
1. SYMPOSIUM: MATERNAL AND CHILD MENTAL HEALTH
Introduction – in some countries, rates of undernutrition approach 50%…Suggestive evidence for the role of nutrients in maternal and child mental health has come from the reviews of iron, zinc, and omega-3 [...] Read more »
This newsletter is remarkable, and available for free if you fill out the LPI form here. I recommend you subscribe to this newsletter, full of outstanding nutrition information based on the latest research from this institute. Here’s a few highlights worth noting:
1. From Director Balz Frei: Many publications show that high concentrations of vitamin C [...] Read more »